October 16th update

Adam, Blake, Elena, Dani, Mikki, Sean, and Travis are group of students in Animation at Seneca this is our blog of our art work, and on occasion things that are worth noting as reference or whatever.

Cheers and enjoy your visit.

Friday, June 18, 2010

RPG - rough begninning ideas.

So if I haven't told you yet, I kinda thought up an RPG involving us eight.
As you know I love to classify and group us as certain things and one that I had done earily in the year was; what our job would be if we were part of a fantasy rpg.

To list them off quickly here is what I labled you as;

(¯`·._.·[ Adam ] ~Gravity Master
(¯`·._.·[ Ben ] ~Archer
(¯`·._.·[ Blake ] ~Lucky Pirate
(¯`·._.·[ Dani ] ~Bersker
(¯`·._.·[ Elena ] ~Arch Mage
(¯`·._.·[ Mikki ] ~Combo Ninja
(¯`·._.·[ Sean ] ~Dark Knight
(¯`·._.·[ Travis ] ~Paladin

So I've been steadily working out a battle system for each of us and a plot line.
Why?
Because I seem to enjoy doing things like that.
I wanted to start drawing up guys up as characters as well. And since I branded Sean as the main character in this story I decided that I should probably draw him first. the only problem I was having with that was that since I didn't know how to draw armor... or even what the peices of armor looked like, I spent a vast majority of my time yesterday doing that. I found it very helpful.

I quickly whipped up a sketch of Sean in his Dark Knight armor and began playing arond with some colours and effects.

So by no means is this done, but tell me what you think.
And if you have any ideas reguarding the other characters let me know.

I'll try posting up a good looking pic of everyone in their fantasy costumes and the battle states soon.

Later
~Travis

8 comments:

  1. Side note, check out my other blog.
    I had a wicked awesome weird dream that I wrote down in the form of a story and would love you people to read.

    http://travisdeedah.blogspot.com/2010/06/my-classic-horror-styled-dream.html

    Later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think if you want it to look like armor, you should really show that the metal is overlapping... otherwise it doesn't look like it can move~
    my fav armor design is worn by griffith, from berserk. maybe you can check it out and see how the decor is integrated so nicely. i think your horns are slightly odd looking, but i don't know what you are going for so maybe they are spot on.

    anyways its pretty cool c:

    links:
    Griffith:
    http://www.art-of-war.co.jp/prg_data/img/PH1087634477.jpg
    http://www.mattbrowning.com/berserk/colors/griffith_ganishka2.jpg

    Guts is more relentless in his fighting style so he has less armour: http://omegaparadise.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/berserk.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. A comment!
    Ahhh finally! I was delivering them out hoping someone would respond and tell me if I was track or not! Thank you so much Adam I will certainly look into those!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... I'm pretty clueless when it comes to armor. I can't believe how much I'm not thinking about when it comes to this kinda stufff.

    For my armor knowledge I always base my stuff off final fantasy. But that is definitely fantasy and kinda hard to de-duce down.

    If you look here:
    http://finalfantasy.cc/ffmembers/dissidia/image/artwork/Cecil_DK_Dissidia.jpg
    The armor I'm used to always seems to resemble spandex... so I guess I really didn't know what I was doing. Yeah...

    So this REALLY helps me out a lot, you have no idea!
    I was getting kinda frustrated because nobody was posting and I kinda felt like a teacher telling people to, so no-body was really commenting on my stuff.
    But you did! YAY! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, i agree with adam. the more overlappy goodness, the better. you need to make it look like that theres a suit underneath, and draw the metal on top a bit more. having it at just the crotch looks kinda like a target.

    and i know it looks cool, but tetsuyas designs...dont make so much sense. if you want it that style its fine, but in his picture you can kinda see that the spandex is kinda going over pieces that are not his body. like, chunks of armor.

    you can see on his thigh that theres a separate like soccer "shin pad" sorta deal on top of his leg. there's depth behind it to show that it's not his leg, its something covering it. same with his shoulder pad, etc. his body is obviously underneath--same colour--but u can see the pieces.

    its not that you dont have it, i think u need more though. i know its just a sketch, it does look cool there. alot of it is working, but i think theres too much of the armor going around the whole limb, and thats possible, but for practicality sake id avoid it.

    also for the horns, on cecil they either look like theyre coming from the big chunks of armor, which is cool, they curve out from them and it looks carved in, and thats what u did but for the ones not clearly on TOP of the armor...they look like theyre coming from his actual body [ex: on his calf, his elbows]. if you dont wanna do that to sean, id suggest taking out the ones that dont clearly look like theyre part of the armor.

    and what u mean his dark knight armor? does he have a normal costume? i dont see many full-out knights as main characters. is it like FFX2 where they have different modes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a concept now, work with it; do the research now :) I'd suggest

    blackgaurd

    blackguard dnd

    paladin

    paladin dnd

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!

    Yeah now I feel like a complete noob, Thanks a ton guys! I'll have a new working picture up sooN!

    ReplyDelete