October 16th update

Adam, Blake, Elena, Dani, Mikki, Sean, and Travis are group of students in Animation at Seneca this is our blog of our art work, and on occasion things that are worth noting as reference or whatever.

Cheers and enjoy your visit.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Helpin Adam

Hey Adam, I don't really know what this scary little girl is...
So I had a hard time helpin.

Here is my version of whatever it is you were doing.

So My thoughts on the matter are as follows.

For her head, you just seemed to be placeing things on. I feel you didn't take into account the roundness of the head. by following the center lines you had already put down you should be able to put down eyes and noes and hairlines and ears that are where they should be.

I also felt like this character should of been looking down, peering out from under her (his?) brow line. You had drawen the body, neck and head as if she was staring straight forward which made things look a little weird. So i arched the back and the neck to give her more of a hunched over appearance.

Also with that tounge comng out from the mouth... I donno... to me it felt like she had no teeth, which was weird to have her saying anything because if she had no teeth not only would speak co-heirently, but with that tougne sticking out of her mouth she would have bitten it for sure.

The last thing I can think about is the hand.
My goodness the hand you had put on her was huge! Unreasonably so.
Without an elbow in the picture to tell me that was her hand, and without some perspective on her arm to show that the arm is recending into the distance, the hand just feel un-nessaryly large.
If you wish to have her hand take up that much space, simply do some forced perspective on her arm where she has a big wrist and it shrinks. Or maybe try to throw in her humorous part of the arm to show that her arm is sticking out and that's why her hand is so big.
Also I just noticed it in my drawing, I have reversed the brush stroke size. The hand/arm should have larger brush strokes then the head, to really help that perspective.
My last suggestion to help with that hand is to throw in some overlap. The head and hand don't touch each other. If the hand was over the head it might help me out that much more.

Anyways, So I hope I was of some help there Adam.
I knw my version of your drawing sucks a lot, perhaps if you gave me some insight as to what you were trying to do, I might of been able to help a little more.
Hope what I do have down here helps push you along!

Keep up the Great Work!

~Travis

2 comments:

  1. thanks~~
    anyways, it was a really quick drawing as i'm sure you can see... i thought i would correct things as i'm colouring, but instead it just made a mass kekekekeke

    looking at it now i see that my shading is also wrong, and yeahhhhhhhhhh i think i'll just start a new one. no loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ha ha...
    yeah my work here is shit...

    ...

    Shiiiiiiiit why did I even post this?
    *regret regret regret*

    ReplyDelete