October 16th update

Adam, Blake, Elena, Dani, Mikki, Sean, and Travis are group of students in Animation at Seneca this is our blog of our art work, and on occasion things that are worth noting as reference or whatever.

Cheers and enjoy your visit.

Friday, October 15, 2010

The Crying Child

Hey Team, Travis here;


So I thought I would destroy Blake monopolisation of this place with my assignment of the head and hands.
I was trying initially to go for a photo realistic face. I decided not to go with that because the half photo-realistic and half painterly were working out for me.




Anyways, tell me whatcha think. I'm open to any suggestions here.
9-10 hours

4 comments:

  1. the expression really works - i know you had ref for the whole thing but I find the to be "stay away hands" not "curl up and cry and die hands"

    The dead on light source could be more interesting.

    the BG make me want to cry like her. blue in the bg and not anywhere else?! why?! blue rim light on her left side... don't really understand.

    the neck kinda feels like it's oh here's some skin or something.

    I kinda feel that you like me kinda got to a point and then said yea okay i'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really nice, good job. the forhead looks like its receding away from us, and so does the tongue. nicely handeld!
    as for crits...
    i think the eyes are too small, and too far apart. the detail of the eyelashes is a bit too much. remember, as a painter you shouldn't make everything detailed, but give focus to a certain part.
    the ear is also a bit too detailed, and isn't a focal point so it could be a shade darker, to blend in with the hair... or you could just cover it.
    and the hands are in front of the face... but the way you coloured them they don't stand out enough. if u squint ur eyez u can c that they blend in with the face... the colours are 2 similar. make it differ3nt.

    xoxo

    rrrriot grrl

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also, quick question, is this ref'd from a photograph by Jill Greenberg? FYI she did a series of photographs of kids crying against a blue background, great pix:

    http://www.manipulator.com/Fine-art/photos/end-times#/

    ReplyDelete